10 Best European Crowdlending Platforms in 2022 🎖️
Want to invest in loans? Here are the best crowdlending platforms in Europe to invest with:
At P2PPlatforms.com, we strive to list only the absolute best companies in the P2P industry. Where appropriate, we do also feature our partners. However, this doesn’t influence our evaluations. All opinions are our own.
Find the best crowdlending platform for investors
Are you looking for the best crowdlending platform to invest with? Then you have come to the right place. On this website, you will find a collection of the best European crowdlending platforms to invest with.
All the platforms are only available in Europe, while others are available worldwide. You can find our top picks on the list at the top of this page.
What is crowdlending?
Crowdlending, also known as Peer-to-Peer lending, is a form of crowdfunding, where individuals and companies can borrow money from a group of investors through an online crowdlending platform.
The crowdlending loans are typically split into smaller units. This allows several investors to finance a single loan.
The crowdlending business model is typically for the crowdlending platforms to match investors with borrowers on a marketplace with the help of fintech software. This form of social lending has been on the rise in the past years with hundreds of crowdlending sites joining the market.
What is the difference between crowdfunding and crowdlending?
Crowdlending is debt-based crowdfunding.
When talking about crowdfunding in terms of investing, there are basically two types of crowdfunding:
- Debt-based crowdfunding: In this type of crowdfunding, investors are lending out money and earning interest from crowdlending loans. This is crowdlending.
- Equity-based crowdfunding: In this type of crowdlending, investors acquire stakes in companies or real estate projects to get a part of the future profit of the project. This is not crowdlending.
The fact that crowdlending is lending-based crowdfunding means that you will not get a stake in projects, but only lend out your money to borrowers.
What are the 10 best crowdlending platforms in Europe?
The 10 best European crowdlending platforms are:
- Income Marketplace
The rankings are based on various ratings, platform features, the longevity of the platform, average return, ownership, and many other factors.
Do your own research before investing via any of the best P2P lending platforms.
What are the top 10 biggest crowdlending platforms in Europe?
Measured by total funding volume, the top 10 biggest crowdlending platforms in Europe are:
While these large crowdlending platforms are those with the highest funding volume in Europe, they are not necessarily the best crowdlending platforms for investors. This is due to the fact that the biggest is not always the best.
If you are looking for a European crowdlending platform to invest with, it is of course a good idea to take into consideration how large the platform is.
A big crowdlending platform indicates a lot of activity, which typically comes with benefits for investors.
Just don’t let yourself be blinded by the size of the company.
Which crowdlending companies have an app?
A lot of investors like to use an app to do crowdlending marketplace lending. This makes it easier to invest on the go.
Some of the best crowdlending apps are made by:
Whilst crowdlending apps are neat for investing on the go, it is not recommended that you choose your crowdlending platform based on whether or not the platform has an app. If you can find more secure crowdlending websites, you should go with these instead.
Is crowdlending a good investment?
If crowdlending is a good investment for you depends on your investment goals and risk appetite.
Crowdlending is a new form of investment compared to stocks, bonds, etc. This means that there is only performance data available for a short time period of history to assess whether or not crowdlending is a good investment.
During the last decade, it has not been uncommon for some of the best crowdlending platforms in Europe to yield a +10% annual return for investors.
But with high returns come high risks.
Some platforms have unfortunately failed, leaving investors with huge losses. Other European crowdlending platforms have consistently yielded +10% returns for longer periods of time. This means that it is very important to do proper research before you pick what you believe is a sustainable crowdlending platform in Europe.
Do you have any crowdlending tips?
There are some crowdlending tips that can make your investment journey safer and more profitable. The following are some of the things that is recommended for all crowdlending investors:
- Only invest funds you can afford to lose: As with any other form of investment, you should only invest with money you can afford to lose. Don’t invest with money you need for rent and food. And definitely don’t take loans to invest.
- Invest via multiple crowdlending platforms: Since some European crowdlending platforms have failed in the past, it is a good idea to invest via multiple crowdlending websites instead of just going for one.
- Diversify between more loans: Even if you find the best crowdlending platform in the world, it is a good idea to invest in a lot of different loans. You should do this to minimize the loan default risk.
- Be aware of guarantees: A lot of crowdlending platforms are offering a buyback guarantee on loans. This guarantee is typically issued by lending companies. It obligates the lending company to buy back the loan or claim right from the investor if the borrower defaults. But if the lending company goes bust the guarantee is typically useless.
- Don’t overinvest in crowdlending: While crowdlending promises high returns, it doesn’t come without risk. Therefore you should never invest your whole portfolio into crowdlending. Common investment advice is to seek to diversify between different assets like stocks, bonds, and real estate. If you are in doubt, consult an investment advisor.
Keep the tips above in mind when investing on a crowdlending platform.